Potato Soup with Poached Eggs
Makes 4 servings:
50 g butter + for sautéing
50 g plain flour
250 g fresh mushroom mix
vegetable oil for sautéing
1 parsley root
½ celery root
4 larger potatoes
ground black pepper
2 cloves of garlic
3 TBSP vinegar
4 eggs (S size)
smooth-leaved parsley for decoration
- Prepare a golden roux from butter and flour in a saucepan and let it cool off. On a frying pan, on melted butter, fry slices cut from a cleaned mushroom.
- In a larger pot, heat up some oil. Add finely chopped onions, carrot, parsley root and celery. Sauté until golden. Pour 1200 ml of cold water over the vegetables, add peeled potatoes cut into little cubes and bring to boil.
- Add the cooled-off roux into the broth (according to the desired thickness). Add mushrooms and boil for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Salt and pepper the soup and add some marjoram and pressed peeled cloves of garlic to taste.
- Pour water into the second pot, until it stands about 4 inches high, add vinegar and almost bring to boil. One at a time, gently crack open the eggs and empty them into a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, create a swirl in the water and gradually pour in the eggs, into the centre. Boil for approx. 3 minutes. Remove the eggs using a perforated ladle and let the water drip off of them. Serve the soup into bowls, add the poached eggs and decorate with washed parsley leaves.
The preparation time is approx. 65 minutes. 1 serving contains 1773 kJ/423 kcal.